Master Thesis in Software Engineering based on Advanced Driver Assistance Systems with Visual Sensorics
The Advanced Driver Assistance Systems team at Continental R&D in Frankfurt is looking for a student (m/f) for writing a Master Thesis in cooperation with the Visual Sensorics and Information Processing Lab at Goethe-University (Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rudolf Mester).
The thesis work should begin as soon as possible.
The sought student will work in close contact with Continental and their project Surround View. The overall context of the work is ongoing development of functions for automated driving based on fish-eye cameras.
- Development of algorithms for camera-based environment perception
- Evaluation of developed algorithms regarding performance and robustness
- Implementation (C++) and integration into vehicle framework
- Conduction and evaluation of measurements and test drives
- Validation with measurement data
- Detailed documentation of conducted work
- Student in a technical study line (e.g. computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics)
- Very good knowledge of image processing, pattern recognition and computer vision
- Good knowledge of mathematics and willingness to handle complex mathematic models
- Very good knowledge of C/C++ and preferable also in Matlab
- Basic knowledge or deep interest in automotive engineering
- Very good English and preferable basic German language skills
- High level of commitment, flexibility & creativity, team oriented skills
For more information, contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rudolf Mester,
Visual Sensorics and Information Processing Lab, Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
via mester (at) vsi (dot) cs (dot) uni-frankfurt (dot) de.
With sales of ?32.7 billion in 2012, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently has almost 175,000 employees in 46 countries. The Chassis & Safety Division develops and produces electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems, sensors, driver assistance systems, air bag control systems, washer systems and electronic air suspension systems. Its core competence is the integration of active and passive driving safety into ContiGuard®.